Intercambio is a fun, diverse group of passionate people working together to unite communities. We believe that connecting and communicating make our community stronger, safer and more prosperous. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont.
General Statement of Duties
The Development Manager (DM) works with Intercambio’s entry and mid-level donors. Areas of development include donor stewardship and cultivation, creating written material to engage the target community, managing monthly giving, collecting data and creating reports, events assistance and administrative duties.
Entry-level and mid-level donor processes:
• 8 hours a week of phone calls & follow-up emails to engage donors
• Implement strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship (ensuring a point person is assigned, and are classified correctly to get the right communication)
• Follow up with donors who attend events
• Update thank you letters quarterly
• Enter donations into database and create appropriate thank you letters/receipts
• Create monthly dashboard reports for Development Committee to track fundraising progress
• Record meeting minutes
• Writing and messaging: produce content for donor-specific mailings/emails including annual report, newsletters and appeals, in conjunction with the development staff
• Engage with students/classes each term to inform stories
• Create contact lists for the Marketing and Communications Manager for distribution
• Utilize campaigns to track sources of donations and impact of efforts
• Ensure that donors are invited to events
• Monitor monthly giving program
• Manage board thank you call blitzes twice a year
• Ensure Board member correspondences are tracked in database
Participate in monthly staff and team meetings
Other duties as assigned
• Excellent sales skills. Quickly builds rapport and shares with others about Intercambio in a way that is meaningful to them.
• Experience in nonprofit development and fundraising highly preferred.
• Attention to detail, ensuring that documents are exactly right and data is entered promptly and accurately every time.
• Enjoys working on data and reports, navigating complex corporate matching programs.
• Thrives in a high-paced, sometimes noisy, work environment.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
• Excellent at managing details, priorities and deadlines effectively
• Must be able to make decisions under pressure
• As a project coordinator must be organized and have the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
• Possesses excellent customer service, relationship management, interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases (Salesforce preferred)
• Have a strong commitment to the mission of IC
• Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Able to lift 30 pounds
Salary commensurate with skills and experience (range $19-$21 hr with paid vacation and sick leave). Full-time employees are eligible for Intercambio’s benefits package. Job offer contingent upon completion of background and reference checks.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please note – we will communicate with you by e-mail during the process. Make sure your resume includes an e-mail that you check regularly.
Resumes accepted through August 17, 2018
Notre Dame AmeriCorps Member – Intercambio Program Site
Host Site: Intercambio Uniting Communities (Intercambio)
The Intercambio/“I Have A Dream”/AmeriCorps partnership is the result of a collaboration between “I Have A Dream,” Notre Dame Mission Volunteers (NDMV), the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and Intercambio. Intercambio Uniting Communities envisions communities where people communicate, connect and succeed. Our mission is improving immigrant lives through English education, and uniting communities across cultures. We provide opportunities for cross-cultural connection through volunteer-led English classes for adult immigrants. Intercambio is seeking applicants for a full-time AmeriCorps position for *September 4, 2018 to July 26, 2019.
AmeriCorps Members will help further our ability to deliver services to immigrant families participating in our East Boulder County program, as well as the parents of the youth in the “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County program. More info on our specific programs is available at www.intercambio.org.
Service Position Title: Intercambio AmeriCorps Member
Service Location: Boulder County is an extremely vibrant and outdoorsy city that boasts close to 70,000 acres of open space and over 90 miles of trails in a community of roughly 100,000. With over 300 days of sunshine per year, there is always something fun to do in Boulder! Amongst all the beauty and nature, Boulder County’s affluent community is experiencing the largest gap between high income and high poverty in Colorado. These hidden, low-income communities often disproportionately consist of immigrant families with inadequate English language acquisition being a main factor in a family’s economic standing. Serving in Boulder County with Intercambio means providing the adult learners we serve with the necessary support and trusting relationships they need to enroll and remain in our English classes.
Immediate Supervisor: Intercambio East County Program Manager
Service Position Summary:
- Manage Lafayette school class relationships, including recruitment and retention – note that this will include frequent phone call and in person conversations in Spanish
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date database in service area – ongoing/quarterly clean-up reports
- Be on site at school classes each night – Mondays and Wednesdays from approximately 5-8:30pm (exact schedule dependent on daily duties)
- Collaborate with Program and Volunteer Managers to identify and address class issues
- Collaborate with “I Have a Dream” to coordinate, manage and provide English classes to Dreamer parents in East Boulder County
- Greet people who come to/call the office and provide general information and resources as needed – note that these conversations will frequently take place in Spanish
- Manage all outreach for school classes to ensure class capacity
- Support administrative and clerical needs of Lafayette Program Manager
- Substitute for absent teachers on an emergency basis for adult ESL classes
- Present and coordinate presentations on Intercambio’s learning opportunities to target participants
- Represent Intercambio at community events as requested/needed
- Attend program team and staff meetings
- Proactively initiate efforts to improve procedures within area of responsibility
Commitment and Benefits: Full-time members – responsible for 11 months of service, a minimum of 1,700 hours of service during the year will receive the following:
- A living allowance of $13,732 (pre-tax) over the course of the service term;
- A National Service Trust Education Award of $5,920 (pre-tax), after the successful completion of the term of service, can be used for post-secondary education, vocational school, graduate school, or to pay back student loans;
- Level of service averages 40 hours per week.
- Health insurance as part of the AmeriCorps health plan; and
- Child care, if eligible.
AmeriCorps member will primarily work/collaborate with:
- Intercambio staff
- Intercambio participants living in East Boulder County
- “I Have a Dream” Site Directors and families in East Boulder County
- Boulder Valley School District
- Other local nonprofits and community organizers
Training opportunities provided:
- Initial 2-week AmeriCorps Training / Orientation to “I Have a Dream” and NDMVA
- Leadership & Communication
- Diversity & Cultural Competency
- Motivational Interviewing
- Suicide prevention, Abuse Reporting
- Health, Wellness, Nutrition
- Literacy, Math, Tutoring, and Academic Programming Techniques
- Serving low-income, and at-risk youth
- Lesson planning & Classroom Management
- Bi-Monthly on-site AmeriCorps meetings/workshops
- Others as scheduled
Support: Each member will receive support from Intercambio staff. This includes:
- Monthly 1:1 check-ins with direct supervisor
- Bi-annual 1:1 check-ins with AmeriCorps Site Director
- Bi-monthly AmeriCorps Professional Training days
- Inclusion in all-staff meetings, including encouraged access to organizational leaders and executives
Requirements: To be eligible to serve as an AmeriCorps Member, one must be at least 17 years of age; be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien; and have a high school diploma or GED. NDMVA prefers that members be at least 21 years of age.
Selection Criteria: We are seeking self-motivated, compassionate applicants who enjoy working with diverse individuals, Intercambio staff and sponsors, and members of the community. Competitive candidates will have excellent people skills, a motivating personality, strength in communicating and strong computer skills for all Word applications. A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in education or human services is preferred.
This position requires evening work at least twice a week, and periodic weekend commitments.
As this position requires ample communication in Spanish, a working knowledge of written and oral Spanish is required. A clear driving record and a vehicle are required.
Intercambio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will conduct the review and interview process until the position is filled. AmeriCorps applications, resumes and references will be considered as they are received. If you are interested in applying, please submit an online application – instructions are available at www.ndmva.org. You may also contact:
Elyana Funk Notre Dame AmeriCorps Site Director
“I Have a Dream”® Foundation of Boulder County
5390 Manhattan Circle, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80303
www.ihaveadreamboulder.org, www.ndmva.org, www.americorps.gov
* The actual start date is dependent on annual approval of federal funding, and on the grant funding cycle, which is determined by the Corporation for National and Community Service.