Intercambio is a fun, diverse group of passionate people working together to unite communities. We believe that connecting and communicating make our community stronger, safer and more prosperous. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont.
Job Title: School and Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager (School), Community Intake Manager (Outreach)
Regular Schedule: 15 hours per week
Employee Category: Part-time, non-exempt
General Statement of Duties
The School and Outreach Coordinator works closely with the Boulder Program Manager (PM) to address the needs of students and teachers at the school site. He/she is responsible for accurate maintenance of the student database and on-site coordination. He/she works closely with the Community Intake Manager (CIM) and is responsible for outreach coordination including communicating with potential students and volunteers. This position requires being at the school site on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-8:30pm as well as 9 office hours per week. Fluency in English and Spanish, and a desire to enhance cultural understanding are required.
- Acts as on-site coordinator for school classes. Ensures that building is unlocked and classrooms are ready for each class. Provides teachers with supplies as needed.
- Leads a Student Orientation once per term.
- Assists students in completing applications and contracts.
- Administers student placement tests and enters information in database.
- Communicates with students both during and outside of class. Checks in on absent students, updates student status as needed and records all calls accurately and concisely in database.
- Maintains accurate student records.
- Maintains accurate attendance records. Generates attendance sheets for classes, collects attendance sheets after class, and enters attendance into database.
- Responsible for administering certain duties such as, but not limited to, compiling feedback, report cards and student goals.
- Makes announcements about events and other news during classes.
- Substitutes for absent teachers on an as-needed basis.
- Works closely with Community Intake Manager on community outreach activities including calling potential students, researching and contacting organizations to provide information about our program, and following up on volunteer leads.
- Works closely with Group Volunteer Manager to support volunteer teachers.
- Responds to student inquiries via email and phone.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Upholds organizational commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; speaks clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills; works well as a leader and member of a team.
- Able to lead and motivate groups of people.
- Experience using word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with students, volunteers and staff and to provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; to prioritize and resolve problems and to complete tasks working sometimes under pressure.
- An ability to manage multiple projects with an attention to detail.
- Reliable, and willing and able to arrive at each class session promptly, and stay until classes end and all teachers and students have left the building.
- Willing and able to make announcements to small groups.
- Desire to enhance cultural understanding and a deep commitment to the mission of Intercambio.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Experience teaching ESL to adult learners.
Anticipated start date – November 1.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Part-time employees receive vacation and sick time, and may be eligible for Intercambio’s retirement plan after one year of employment.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When we receive your application materials, we will reply with some questions that will help us further understand your qualifications for the position. You must answer the questions to be given further consideration.