Intercambio is a fun, diverse group of passionate people working together to unite communities. We believe that connecting and communicating make our community stronger, safer and more prosperous. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont.
Development and Events Coordinator
Why work for Intercambio? Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County who strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage. We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to this our purpose: Uniting Communities. Come join our team!
General Statement of Duties The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for several types of tasks, including data management, general administrative support, and organizing events.
- Data management tasks include include recording recurring donations, assisting the Development Manager as needed to ensure timely processing of donor contributions and thank you’s, and organizing mass mailings, utilizing volunteers as necessary.
- General administrative support includes answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate Intercambio staffperson.
- Event planning tasks include planning and executing regular events for students and volunteers, coordinating logistics for community outreach events, and planning and executing Intercambio’s major annual fundraising event.
The successful candidate for this position must have the following skills and/or experience:
- Excellent customer service, relationship management, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent at managing details, priorities and deadlines effectively
- Experience with making decisions under pressure
- Proven organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- A strong commitment to the mission of Intercambio
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 30 pounds
Additional Desired (but not required) Qualifications
- Spanish fluency highly desired
- Event planning experience desired
- Reliable transportation
Hours are 20-30 per week – variable depending on workload.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background and reference checks.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note – we will communicate with you by e-mail during the process. Make sure your resume includes an e-mail that you check regularly.