Setting up classroom principles and/or responsibilities at the beginning of each class session is a great idea. Get your student(s) involved in creating these. Bring a copy to class each day or provide a copy for students.
Here are some ideas, to get you started:
1. Mutual respect
3. There are no dumb questions!
4. Everyone needs to participate
5. Only one person talks at a time; others have to listen.
6. We create a learning environment
7. Our differences provide us opportunities for discussion
8. Attending class is important – calling when you cannot come is also very important
9. Do homework and practice outside of class
10. Communicate with all participants
This great list was generated by our level 7 teacher, Suan Schnell. If you have ideas to contribute to our blog, let us know!