Intercambio is innovating during these challenging times! Here are some of the important activities we are doing to adapt to the changing needs.
- Reaching out with individual phone calls to our immigrant students to listen, care for, and ensure that they are aware of, and feel safe to access, critical resources available.
- Creating online opportunities that allow our students and teachers to remain meaningfully connected and continuing to learn.
- Developing new classes, evaluation tools, trainings and more to support our local participants and the 600+ organizations nationwide that count on Intercambio for curriculum and support.
- Being fiscally responsible and making choices and sacrifices to significantly cut operating and personnel expenses.
- Listening to, adapting and learning from our local community and our national partners.
Students & Teachers
All in-person classes are canceled for now.
School classes: Starting on April 14th, we have a group of teachers that will be hosting online group classes for students from levels Intro through 5L from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If your student is interested in enrolling in these classes, please encourage them to contact our Director of Student Services, Norma Fuentes: email@example.com / 720-427-8152
One-on-one classes: We ask that all one-on-one volunteer teachers and students stop meeting in person, and continue meeting online or by phone as much as possible.
Resources to help you conduct classes online are linked below.
- Zoom: An online free video-conferencing platform. Some of our teachers have already had successful sessions. Students will need to download the Zoom app on their smart phone or connect through a laptop with a video and microphone.
- WhatsApp: A free app for smartphones that allows for easy video conferencing. Best for use when both the teacher and student will be using a smartphone.
Some other options for video conferencing that teachers have found helpful include FaceTime and Facebook live. If nothing else, a weekly phone conversation or check-in with your student could also be beneficial in helping you both to feel connected and for them to continue to practice their English during this time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
Community resources are available. Click the link below to find out more.Community Resources
Comedy for Cambio
Comedy for Cambio, our only annual fundraising event, is cancelled. The fundraising goal for this event was $170,000. Let’s reach this important goal together through this online effort!
Now more than ever, we need to support the role Intercambio plays in our community, keeping us connected. This isn’t just how we survive the next few months, or however long this takes. With Intercambio, we can be Connected for Life.Donate
All staff are working from home, and they are available via email and setting up meetings via phone/zoom.
Our Partner Services team is responding to inquiries remotely. The best way to contact them is email@example.com. If we have orders, they will ship as usual. If this changes and we expect you will begin to see delays on your orders, we will update this information immediately.Distance Learning Resources