Intercambio is innovating during these challenging times! Here are some of the important activities we are doing to adapt to the changing needs.
- Reaching out with individual phone calls to our immigrant students to listen, care for, and ensure that they are aware of, and feel safe to access, critical resources available.
- Creating online opportunities that allow our students and teachers to remain meaningfully connected and continuing to learn.
- Developing new classes, evaluation tools, trainings and more to support our local participants and the 600+ organizations nationwide that count on Intercambio for curriculum and support.
- Being fiscally responsible and making choices and sacrifices to significantly cut operating and personnel expenses.
- Listening to, adapting and learning from our local community and our national partners.
Students & Teachers
Group classes: Intercambio will not be hosting in-person classes for the rest of 2020, but will continue to host online classes. The first day of class will be May 27, the last day will be July 27. Classes will take place Mondays and Wednesdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Students interested in Levels Intro, 1, and 2 should contact Yoli at 720-933-3662. Students interested in Levels 3, 4, and 5 should contact Lydia at 720-771-4986.
One-on-one classes: We ask that all one-on-one volunteer teachers and students continue meeting online or by phone as much as possible.
Resources and tips to help you conduct classes online can be found below. Contact email@example.com if you need help.Distance and Online Learning Resources
Community resources are available. Click the link below to find out more.Community Resources
All staff are working from home, and they are available via email and setting up meetings via phone/zoom.
Our Partner Services team is responding to inquiries remotely. The best way to contact them is firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders will continue to ship according to our shipping policies. If this changes and we expect you will begin to see delays on your orders, we will update this information immediately.Distance Learning Resources