Connections, Communication, Confidence
Intercambio events achieve important goals:
- Support our students to practice English in safe environments
- Create meaningful conversations and connections across cultures
- Build cultural awareness and new perspectives for everyone involved
- Inspire confidence and spark courage
- Promote physical health, emotional health, and a sense of community
Whether we’re practicing English conversation, camping, or dancing, Intercambio brings people together in fun and welcoming ways!
Intercambio’s signature event and Annual “Friend-raiser”. It is Boulder’s largest multi-cultural social event that welcomes 1,300 people for a fun night of live music, dancing, entertainment, international cuisine, and fun!
This annual fall event showcases Boulder’s talented and vibrantly diverse cultural atmosphere. Join the planning committee and help us make La Fiesta bigger and better.
Next Fiesta will be in September, 2020
Quarterly the “Conversation Team” of community volunteers visits group classes to practice English with Intercambio students. This experience pairs native speakers with English students to for 15-minute conversations before switching to a new partner. Students have an opportunity to practice English in a safe environment with native speakers, while volunteers get to connect with Intercambio students and learn about the immigrant experience. Sign up here to participate in Conversation Team.Sign Up
“An International Experience in Our Own Backyard.”