Uniquely simple. Remarkable effective.
Confidence and Connections
Intercambio developed this series with input from our adult ESL students, teachers and program partners across the country. You’ll find it provides a practical approach to teaching and learning. Its emphasis on building confidence and connections between adult students and their teachers will be clear from the onset.
Every lesson builds to a thematic conversation. And, along the way, you’ll have pronunciation practice and cross-cultural exchange. Remember, adults have great life experiences they can share as their English language increases.
The structure and consistency takes the guesswork out of lesson planning for teachers and incorporates the 4 language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Confidence and Connections the ideal choice for community-based programs.
- Engages students through well structured activities that focus on real-life, practical information.
- (16) 90-minute to 2-hour lessons includes homework
- The first 3-pages establish a foundation: words, phrases, grammar and pronunciation.
- The last three pages cement learning with open-ended activities, allowing students to personally relate to the content.
- The in-class lesson ends with a connecting conversation, using words, phrases and structures from the lesson.
- Includes (2) Reviews with measurable Progress Checks every 7 lessons
- Employs up-to-date methodologies and emphasizes the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking as well as pronunciation.
- Contains cultural tips to facilitate two-way learning between students and teachers
- Provides 16+ listening dialogs per book with a variety of English speakers – free download through website or new app
- This 5-level (10-book) series takes students from beginner to high intermediate English. Level 1 assumes that the student has some English language skills. Level advancement is verified by Placement Tests.
Since “a student is only as good as his teacher,” ensure your teachers have the resources they need to succeed. Teacher Books include the student book with brief call outs for how to teach activities and 20 self paced training pages in the back.
Free training is available.