This downloadable resource is ideal for intermediate and advanced adult English learners. It provides conversation starters from topics from The Immigrant Guide to engage in discussion and conversation. It is an ideal resource for conversation groups. This resource has been updated to align with Version 6 of The Immigrant Guide, though it can be easily used in conjunction with previous versions.
The Immigrant Guide Conversation Supplement (PDF)
This downloadable (PDF) booklet provides discussion-starting scenarios and questions for each of the topics in The Immigrant Guide. These practical exercises are useful for adult English language learners in intermediate, advanced, conversational and writing classes.
A PDF of this booklet is also available at no charge with the purchase of 20+ Immigrant Guides.
As of June 1, 2020, our payment policy has changed. All orders must be paid in advance. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks and Purchase Orders. Written and signed Purchase Orders are an acceptable form of payment, and may be sent to email@example.com. Purchases made by purchase order must be paid within 30 days of receipt of product. Accounts with unpaid purchases will immediately be placed on hold after 60 days and no new products will be shipped until payment on original order is received. For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As of June 1, 2020, our payment policy has changed. All orders must be paid in advance by credit card or with a purchase order.
To pay by purchase order, please place the order through our online shop and then select “pay by purchase order” as your payment option.
After your order is placed, please email a completed purchase order template to email@example.com.
Your order will be automatically canceled if the purchase order is not received in 30 days.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To create a quote, please place the order through our online shop and then select “create quote” as your payment option.
Once you are ready for the order to process, please email a completed purchase order template to email@example.com.
Your quoted order will be automatically canceled if the purchase order is not received in 30 days.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION UPDATED MAY 2022
Orders take 2-4 business days to process before shipping. Please plan accordingly.
Intercambio offers three shipping rates: USPS Media Mail, USPS Priority Mail and UPS Ground.
Media Mail is the slowest and least expensive shipping method offered by USPS. Media mail orders process in 2-4 business days and regularly take a full 3 weeks to arrive. Priority Mail orders will process in 2-4 business days and should arrive within 2-3 days after processing. UPS Ground is the most reliable shipping method. These orders take 1-3 business days to process and arrive in 3-5 days depending on your location. NOTE: UPS does not ship to P.O. Boxes.
Please note, that shipping duration is not guaranteed; please plan accordingly. You will receive an email with tracking information when your order ships. (Note: as this tracking email is auto-generated, it may end up in your junk mail.)
Expedited order processing is available for a $5 (next day guaranteed) or $25 (same day, when requested before noon MT) fee per order. To place an expedited order, contact email@example.com.
You will receive an email with tracking information when your order ships. (Note: as this tracking email is auto-generated, it may end up in your junk mail.)
Our shipping time estimates are not guaranteed; please plan accordingly.
If you have paid for UPS Ground and have not received your order in 6 days from date of shipment, contact us to make arrangements. If you have paid for priority mail, and have not received your order in 10 days from date of shipment, contact us to make arrangements. If you have paid for media mail, and have not received your order in 4 weeks from date of shipment, contact us to make arrangements. Please use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not refund shipping costs.
Orders that are not received due to incorrect shipping addresses entered while placing the order will not be refunded, and a new order will need to be placed at full price.
Changes–including product additions, or address updates–may not be made by customers to orders once placed.
If you need to make a change during business hours of the same day the order is placed, email email@example.com and we will cancel the order for you so that you can place a new one.
If you need to make a change after business hours the same day the order is placed, or on a subsequent day, a change/cancelation fee of $15 will be charged. Email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can cancel the order.
Our system saves billing/shipping addresses and shopping carts. Therefore, be sure to double-check your complete order before you click purchase as orders are nonreturnable and nonrefundable.
Shipping is calculated for you when you order online. If you have any questions, or need help calculating your shipping costs, please do not hesitate to contact us. Expedited processing is available for an additional fee.
All products offer a quantity discount.
Confidence and Connections is based on your total book purchase: 1-49 and 50+.
The Immigrant Guide and Pronunciation Fun quantity discounts occur at a quantity of 100 and 500 books.
Listening tracks for Confidence & Connections are available on the Intercambio app, which can be used on tablets and smartphones. To download the free app, visit:
Intercambio.org/AppleICApp (Apple products)
Intercambio.org/AndroidICApp (Android products)
Once the app is installed and opened, you will select the appropriate Level (number and letter). You will then see the track list for the book and be able to play the listening track for your lesson.
All sales are final. Additionally, please be sure to confirm that the shipping address you enter is correct before placing your order. Intercambio will not be responsible for orders shipped incorrectly to the address provided in the order.
Yes! The Confidence and Connections series is available as a digital view subscription product. For information about the subscription options, please visit the subscription products themselves.
You’ll find FAQs associated with the digital view products if you scroll down to review the associated product details. Please note, digital view access is now only provided through one of the two subscription options. Purchasing individual levels of the digital view is no longer an option.
Pronunciation Fun and The English Immigrant Guide are available for purchase as a digital view product on the Issuu.com website and not at Intercambio.org. For details, visit our shop page. You will need to create an account at Issuu.com in order to access your purchases.
Set up your account with multiple addresses in advance:
- Go to intercambio.org/my-account/, or click ‘My Account’ on the top right of any page on Intercambio’s website.
- Click ‘Addresses’ from the navigation menu.
- First, make sure you’ve added a default billing and shipping address to your account. Click the blue ‘Add’ text, or if you need to make changes to a previously entered address, click the blue ‘Edit’ text, to enter your default addresses.
- Then, to enter secondary shipping addresses, click the orange ‘Add Address’ button.
- Enter the address, then click ‘Save Address’.
- Repeat steps 4 – 5 as many times as addresses you need to enter.
Checkout using multiple addresses:
- After adding all needed items to your cart from intercambio.org/shop, from your cart, click the orange ‘Proceed to Checkout’ button.
- Click the orange ‘Enter or Choose Addresses’ button.
- Each individual product in your cart will appear on a separate line, including multiples of the same product (i.e. the number of lines will match the total number of items in your cart, not the number of different products). For each line, select the address from the drop down for that product. To send multiples to one address, each product will need to have the correct address selected on each separate line.
- If you need to update quantities of products, you may do so from this page. Simply click the orange ‘Delete’ button to reduce the quantity, or edit the number in the quantity box to add. Click ‘Update’. Note that for increasing the quantity, after clicking ‘Update’, the products will be split into separate lines, each with a quantity of 1.
- The options from the drop down bar will include the addresses you entered into your account in steps 1 – 6. If you didn’t complete those steps in advance, just click the blue ‘Add a new shipping address’ text to enter a new shipping address. If you enter a new address during the Checkout process, it will save the address to your account for future use. Both processes result in saving multiple addresses to your account; the only difference is if you decide to enter those before placing an order or while doing so.
- Click ‘Update’ to see changes and stay on the same page, or click the orange ‘Save Addresses and Continue’ button to save and return to the Checkout page.
- Under ‘Your order’, review the products and quantities for each shipping address, making sure it has been entered accurately before placing your order.
- The first line items under ‘Your order’ reflect the total quantities of each product in your entire order. The gray boxes underneath ‘Shipping Methods’ reflect the quantities being sent to each address.
- Note that you can select different shipping methods – either Media or Priority Mail – for each address. Click the drop down arrow on the shipping method to change.
- If you need to make any changes to the addresses or quantities, click the blue ‘Modify address’ text, or scroll back to the top and click the orange ‘Modify/Add Address’ button.
- Note that in order to change a specific address (if there is a typo, for example), you’ll need to click ‘Add a new shipping address’, then click the orange ‘Edit’ button under the address you’d like to modify. Click ‘Update Address’.
- Once confirming your order has been entered accurately, enter your payment information, then click the orange ‘Place Order’ button.
The Immigrant Guide is offered in English, Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, Karen, and Somali. Please check the Immigrant Guide page for the most up-to-date languages offered.
Knowing that many immigrants have a basic understanding of English, we have written this guide with the most basic vocabulary possible while still providing important information. We have added pictures to the English and Spanish versions of the guide to illustrate certain topics.
We offer a FREE PDF Download of our placement test to help you determine the best level for your student(s). This short oral and written test makes it easy to assess your students’ reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities. The step-by-step instructions make it easy for anyone to assess a student’s English skills.
See Placement Tests tab.