Why work for Intercambio? Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County that strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage. We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to our purpose: Uniting Communities. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont. Come join our team!
Boulder Program Coordinator
Location: Boulder Office and other locations in Boulder County
Full-time, variable schedule (see below for schedule)
Application Deadline: July 29, 2019
General Statement of Duties: The Boulder Program Coordinator will work closely with program staff to build relationships with and address the needs of active students, including on-site duties for school classes. This person will maintain ongoing assessment of programs, conduct general management of the student database, and maintain the administrative needs of the Boulder program. This position requires Spanish fluency and a desire to enhance cultural fluency. This position is perfect for someone who is passionate about using language to cross cultural barriers.
Program and Relationships
- Coordinate group and home classes, including recruitment, quarterly student orientation, relationship management, retention activities, post-assessments, data management, and on-going student support
- Acts as on-site coordinator for school classes. Ensures that building is unlocked and classrooms are ready for each class. Provides teachers with supplies as needed. Manages attendance.
- Responsible for administering certain duties such as, but not limited to, compiling feedback, report cards and student goals
- Manage ongoing communication with all active and waiting Boulder students
- Match volunteers with students outside of volunteer trainings
- Work with staff to continually assess need for, capacity of, and feedback on home and group classes
- Work with Teacher Trainer and Volunteer Manager to troubleshoot class issues
- Maintain supportive relationships with volunteers
- Works closely with Community Intake Manager on community outreach activities including calling potential students, and responding to volunteer leads
- Coordinate childcare program (as needed), which includes collaboration with EFAA
- Provide general class information and resources as needed to people requesting it
Collaboration Outside Agency
- Manage relationships with target partner agencies in Boulder
- Coordinate presentations and present on Intercambio’s services to agencies serving target participants, including representation at community events as requested/needed
- Coordinate all outreach in collaboration with the Community Intake Manager
- Communicate upcoming Boulder classes
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date database
Collaboration Inside Agency
- Attend program team and staff meetings
- Proactively initiate efforts to improve procedures within area of responsibility
- Participate in periodic program events on evenings and weekends
- Upholds organizational commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Excellent people skills; works well as a leader/member of a team
- Experience using word processing, database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with students, volunteers and staff and to provide excellent customer services both in person and over the telephone
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; to prioritize and resolve problems and to complete tasks working under pressure
- Attention to detail, an ability to manage multiple projects are also required
- Ability to work well with others as a member of a cross-cultural team
- Candidates must have flexible work hours with night and weekend availability
- 100% Bilingual English/Spanish
- Desire to enhance cultural understanding and a deep commitment to Intercambio’s mission
- Ability to work in a sometimes chaotic environment
- Access to reliable transportation as this position entails movement throughout the county (mileage reimbursed)
- Experience using the Salesforce database.
- Experience with teaching ESL to adult learners.
Tuesday: 12:30pm – 8:30pm
Thursday: 12:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturday/Sunday: rarely, as needed
Annual Salary range is $35,360 – 39,500, and the successful candidate will be eligible for Intercambio’s benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; professional development funds; and a retirement account (after 1 year of employment).
The successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: July 29, 2019
Please note – we will communicate with you by e-mail during the process. Make sure your resume includes an e-mail that you check regularly.