Why work for Intercambio? Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County that strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage. We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to our purpose: Uniting Communities. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont. Come join our team!
Student Services Coordinator
Reports to the Director of Student Services
Application Deadline – September 3, 2021
General Statement of Duties – Assists in supporting students in group classes for the Intercambio Local Program including all outreach, enrollment, registration, placement and evaluation activities. Builds relationships with and addresses the needs of prospective and active students. Acts as a cultural broker by bridging differences in understanding and perspective between students, teachers, and Intercambio staff. Actively participates in the joint Student and Teacher Services team.
- Interpersonal – Skill at communicating pro-actively, courteously and effectively with students, teachers, and staff to provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone. Willingness to fully participate in team and staff meetings.
- Cultural – Willingness to learn how to engage with and support students from many different cultures with simple issues and refer them to community resources if needed.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt to frequently changing circumstances and processes. Skill at working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Processes – Skill at using existing processes to support student participation in English or Citizenship classes, including registration, orientation, testing, training and accepting payments.
- Accuracy and attention to detail – Skill at collecting and recording data to maintain accurate student and class records.
- Language – Experience learning a second language. 100% bilingual in English and one other language.
- Availability – Ability and willingness to work 2 or 4 weekday evenings and access to reliable transportation.
- Cultural Broker – Experience acting as a cultural broker.
- Salesforce – Experience using the Salesforce database.
Starting Salary Range: $18 – $21 per hour. Intercambio also offers a competitive benefits package that includes vacation; sick leave; health, dental and vision insurance; and a retirement plan.
To apply – send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday, September 3.
Why Intern at Intercambio?
Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County, Colorado, who strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage.
We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to our purpose: Uniting Communities. We are growing on the national front and our impact on social change. Come join our team!
CC English Support and Outreach Intern
Employee Category: Unpaid Internship
Reports to: CC English Manager
Terms: 10-20 hours a week, commitment of at least 4 months or one semester
General Description: CC English is a new online platform to connect English learners with volunteer teachers throughout the country.
This position will be responsible for supporting the administration of the CC English platform, as well as general communications with program participants, both students and volunteer teachers.
- Conduct phone surveys to gather information about CC English participants’ experiences using standard questions and scripts. Document answers to survey questions and conversations.
- Provide technical support to program participants or refer issues to other CC English staff using program guidelines.
- Document issues and solutions.
- Through providing support and using the CC English platform, gain a general understanding of features and operations and suggest improvements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to make phone calls to survey
- Experience using word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Willing to work remotely.
- Demonstrated skill at working independently.
- Organizing skills.
- Skill at paying attention to detail.
Lived multicultural experience. Bilingual – fluency in English and another language.
To apply, send a cover letter letting us know why you would like to intern for Intercambio and how you meet the required qualifications, and a resume to email@example.com.