Why work for Intercambio? Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County that strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage. We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to our purpose: Uniting Communities. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont. Come join our team!
CC English Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Regular schedule: 40 hours per week
Employee Category: Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Location: Remote, and potentially at our offices in Boulder County once they reopen.
General Statement of Duties
CC English is an exciting new Intercambio program with the potential to connect many thousands of English learners and volunteers nationwide to bridge cultural divides, improve English skills, and amplify immigrants’ voices. This online learning platform will match volunteer teachers with adult English learners, and provide ongoing training, support, and resources. The Manager will manage the day-to-day operation of the CC English Program, participate in testing the new platform, and plan for and implement program enhancements.
- Provides excellent customer service to all CC English participants by responding to support requests and questions in a timely manner, consulting with other Intercambio staff where appropriate.
- Acts as a cultural broker by helping students and teachers understand each other’s unique cultural perspectives, especially when solving problems. May interpret or translate information to facilitate communication.
- Uploads new resources, sets up automatic messaging journeys, adds staff users, and completes other tasks as needed for the smooth operation of the platform software.
- Monitors activity on the platform, and pro-actively responds to potential problems, such as matches not being made in a timely manner, participants not meeting regularly, inappropriate messaging, etc.
- Helps to develop testing procedures. Develops and shares testing instructions with participants.
- Participates in all testing activities. Records and shares any issues found while testing according to established procedures. Meets testing deadlines. Collects and shares testing data from participants.
- Participates in implementing the initial marketing plan to recruit volunteer teachers and students.
- Helps to develop and implements ongoing marketing strategies and plans.
- Participates in planning and implementing ongoing evaluation of the program.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of shipments of materials to participants.
- Is a member of the team that is identifying additional resources and software enhancements needed to ensure the ongoing success of participants in the program.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Advanced skill and demonstrated experience with paying attention to detail
- Experience with directing the work of others
- Lived multicultural experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand, appreciate and interact with people from different cultures or belief systems
- Bilingual – fluency in Spanish and English preferred
- Experience using complex, web-based software programs, such as Salesforce, Wordpress, or any learning management system
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 applications – especially Outlook
- Skill at managing multiple priorities
- Experience with advocating for multicultural communities
- Experience with researching and navigating resources
Starting Salary Range: $41,000 – $55,000/per year. Intercambio also offers a competitive benefits package that includes vacation; sick time; health, dental and vision insurance; and a retirement plan.
To apply – please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to have the successful candidate start in early January.
Why Intern at Intercambio?
Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County, Colorado, who strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage.
We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to our purpose: Uniting Communities. We are growing on the national front and our impact on social change. Come join our team!
We are celebrating our 20th anniversary and are creating a collection of stories of people’s lives who have been changed by being part of Intercambio.
General Statement of Duties | You will be responsible to do phone/video interviews with various former stakeholders of Intercambio. Adult immigrants from various countries, volunteer English teachers, and donors are our primary target. You will contact them, interview them, and write notes on how being part of Intercambio has affected their lives. This will be published into a photo book format in March, and given to the interview participants and donors during our annual fundraiser event in April.
Details to note
- Warm personality, excellent interviewing skills, inspirational writing/editing skills are highly desired.
- You’ll be working closely with the Director of Development, and other staff as needed. We are all working remotely during COVID.
- You’ll be able to design your own schedule, it may require flexibility if you are interviewing someone who is only available on evenings or weekends.
- Fluency in Spanish or another language is a plus.
This is a great opportunity for students interested in the fields of journalism, creative writing, women’s & gender studies, international relations, Spanish (or other foreign language), sociology, or nonprofit studies.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Director of Development at Intercambio
Social Media Intern
We are seeking a Social Media Intern to work alongside the Marketing and Messaging Manager to launch Intercambio’s Instagram account and elevate Intercambio’s national presence and meet local program goals. Adult immigrants from various countries, volunteer English teachers, donors, and national partners are our primary target. This is a remote position as all of Intercambio’s employees are currently remote.
Job duties include:
- Develop a strategy and plan for Intercambio’s Instagram channel
- Research target audiences available on Instagram to inform strategy
- Gather and schedule content, including photos, captions, and Instagram Stories that can be scheduled in advance
- Experience using Instagram for a business in a professional capacity
- Ability to think strategically and write creatively while creating a visually pleasing Instagram profile
- Graphic design experience a plus
Details to note:
- This project is expected to take approximately 40 hours. Those 40 hours can be spread however is most convenient for the intern – i.e., 10 hours per week over 4 weeks, 20 hours per week over two weeks, etc. Other options can be discussed depending on applicants’ availability.
- This intern will not be expected to manage the day-to-day operations of Intercambio’s Instagram account. They will mainly be laying the groundwork for the initial launch of the Instagram presence.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Marketing and Messaging Manager at Intercambio