Why work for Intercambio? Intercambio is a dynamic, growing nonprofit in Boulder County that strives to ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage. We provide a fun, challenging, engaging and professional environment that connects immigrants and volunteer English teachers, as well as donors to our purpose: Uniting Communities. We have offices in Boulder, Lafayette and Longmont. Come join our team!
Marketing and Messaging Manager (MMM)
General Statement of Duties | The Marketing & Messaging Manager (MMM) inspires our stakeholders and attracts new constituents to Intercambio, both locally and nationally through telling the story of Intercambio and its participants. This person creates strategies that span all departments in pitching, crafting and placing content that is engaging and consistent with our brand both locally and nationally.
The MMM manages a graphic designer and possibly interns in order to stay on top the communication needs of a growing organization.
- Works with various departments to develop marketing strategies and specific marketing plans. Implements plans.
- Messaging- writes, proofreads and edits copy for inspiring content that is aligned with organization’s strategic plan, to be used across print, web, social media, appeal letters, blog, etc.
- Markets the Confidence and Connections resources around the country through digital and print tools.
- Videography-Plans, shoots, edits, and deploys video and photo content, utilizing standard software.
- Creates and manages engaging social media posts and advertising that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Gets vendor quotes and keeps close account of marketing expenses and budget by department. Manages SEO, collects and analyzes data to inform strategic marketing plans.
- Attends Staff meetings and Operations meetings
- Attends Community Conversation, last of night class and fundraising events
- 1-3 years’ experience in creating clear, compelling messaging for an organization or company.
- Excellent marketing skills, knowledge and experience. Writing and editing experience, high attention to detail.
- Proven time and project management skills, self-initiated worker.
- Excellent people skills; works well as a leader/member of a team.
- Experienced and skilled at using Microsoft Office Applications, Acrobat Creative Suites (InDesign & Photoshop), Facebook, email marketing services, and website development (WordPress preferred).
- Familiarity with the latest trends, best practices, technologies and methodologies in marketing nonprofit messages.
- Able to work with frequent interruptions during the day.
- Passionate about the Intercambio mission.
- BA degree or equivalent.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift 30 pounds.
- Skillful at using the following: Salesforce, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Experienced interacting with people from different nationalities.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Salary range $43,000 to $48,000/year, based on skills and experience. Full-time employees are eligible for Intercambio’s generous benefits package including vacation, sick leave, health/vision/dental insurance and retirement plan (after 1 year of employment). Job offer contingent upon completion of background and reference checks.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 6, 2019.
We currently have no specific internships available. If you are interested in an internship, and especially if you have an idea for how you might work with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us your qualifications, interests, and your ideas!