In addition to teaching, there are other ways you can volunteer with Intercambio
Please note that all prospective volunteer activities and events have been postponed due to Coronavirus concerns. If you would like to learn more about volunteering with Intercambio once our in-person volunteer activities resume, please complete our Volunteer Form and we will contact you once we begin holding Information Sessions again.
Join us at Community Conversations with Intercambio (formerly Conversation Team).
As a participant, you will engage in conversations with our adult English learners who are eager to practice! The activity will involve a 30-minute volunteer orientation, 50-minutes for conversations in “rotation” format, and a 10-minute debrief.
This is an inspiring activity that volunteers say gives them a greater understanding of the immigrant experience in Boulder County. Likewise, our students enjoy practicing with a friendly and encouraging English speaker.
“Helping with events over the years has been a fun and rewarding experience for me and has gotten me more and more involved with Intercambio in unexpected ways. I definitely encourage others to join!”
Intercambio’s events are successful because of the volunteers who run them.
Volunteers manage the décor, promotion, food vendors, entertainment, etc.
- Call students for follow up and practice your Spanish
- Enter important information into our database and run reports
- Help with our fundraising campaign by organizing photos, quotes, writing letters, and sending mail
- Organize conferences and trainings
- Follow up with volunteers, students and donors
- Communicate about upcoming gatherings
- Register students for school, hand out books, and monitor placement tests
- Call to invite people to our events such as La Fiesta and Comedy for Cambio
- Join an event planning committee
- Work events as a greeter or a closer
- Organize food and drink
- Help us get the word out with public relations for events
Program Support volunteers call students to invite them to new classes, register students for school, monitor placement tests, organize volunteer trainings, capture student and volunteer stories, and send mailings to Intercambio participants. This is one of the few positions where volunteers can practice Spanish with Intercambio students.
Community Engagement and Administrative volunteers work closely with Intercambio staff to introduce community members to Intercambio students and build awareness of Intercambio in Boulder County.
- Check out our Jobs page